The Duolingo English Test is a English proficiency test for international students and institutions.The entire test experience takes just under an hour. The Duolingo English Test is an English proficiency assessment used to evaluate your ability to read, write, speak, and listen to English. Duolingo English Test is verifying English proficiency for academic institutions, the results apply to any situation that requires proof of your skills. This includes job interviews and applicant verification.Test results are certified within 48 hours, and they can be shared with an unlimited number of institutions.
The Duolingo English Test is an one hour test. It is divided into three sections:
• Introduction and setup (5 minutes)
• Adaptive test (45 minutes)
• Video interview (10 minutes)
Duolingo English test format
Duolingo English Test length is variable, meaning exam time and a number of items can vary with each administration. Duolingo exam Validity is two years from the original date. Each test takers proficiency is reported as a score on a scale from 10 – 160 Marks.
|Duolingo Exam Section
|It is a graded section which evaluates your reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills
|It is an ungraded section which records your answers to open-ended questions.
Duolingo has two sections
The adaptive test
The video interview and writing test
The score is calculated on the 10 to 160 scale.
The adaptive test
The 45-minute-long graded section of the English assessment exam evaluates the candidates' reading, writing, speaking, and listening abilities.Adaptive test section possible types of questions come across are
● Answer the missing letters and complete the sentences.
● Record yourself while repeating any given sentence.
● Describe the given image in writing.
● Hear the words and identify the correct one.
● Read the words and identify the real English ones.
● Type the sentence that you hear.
● Write down your answer in at least 50 words.
● Speak your answer to a spoken question.
Duolingo Video Interview Test:
the second segment of the Duolingo exam is the video interview test with a time limit of 10 minutes. Candidates has to answer questions via recording. Candidates are asked to speak about any situation, image, or topic.